Saturday, January 15, 2011

~In Memory of John~

Today marks the one year in anniversary of John passing. Amber was sweet enough to invite us all over for a potluck party. We watched an "In Memory" DVD of John, ate, talked and played. Hugo was cracking me up during the party. He would take a bite of pizza, wipe the sauce off on his shirt, eat the rest and start all over again! It was so funny. I had never seen so much pizza sauce on one little boy before. He was also making me laugh because I was playing tickle-monster with him. He was screaming, "Nooooo don't get me!" over and over again.

I also gave Marco and Amber their Christmas gifts today too. I got Marco a Ben 10 Ornament. He couldn't have opened that gift fast enough. I am fairly sure that he doesn't want to hang it on the tree next year; he just wants to play with it as an action figure. Lol.

I got Amber a cutting board and a little flip book of this past year. Pictures of us from Girls Nights, Baby J.C.'s Birth, Hot Chocolate Dates, Plat Time with Baby J.C. and more. She loved the flip book and was so excited about the mini cutting board. She called it a work of art! It made me smile! He has a hook up in her kitchen and she took her hot pad down and hung it up on the wall.

It was great to see the kids, eat, hang out with Amber and our mutual friends today! What a way to remember John.

John,
Today when your son woke up from his nap, I went in the room and got him. I got the biggest smile from him that I have ever seen to date; it was your smile John. I see so much of you in Joe, Marco, Hugo and baby J.C.! you will forever be missed but i know that you will always be here in spirit and will live forever in those boys! John we celebrated your life today (as a year ago today, you left). It was a grand celebration and you must know that you will always be loved and always be missed. Love, Meredith

August 6th 1958 - January 15th 2010

1 comment: