Tuesday, October 11, 2011

~The Month of September~

My Mom and I were able to get some free time together this past month and I was so happy that we could. We have both been busy with work and needed some time to chill. We ended up shopping for some gifts for my cousin Susan's (and Andrew's) Baby shower that we will be attending over Thanksgiving. There will be a guessing game with gift giving so I can't say what we each got the baby but trust me, it will be blogged about in November!
Jill and I spent a day together in September. We made our way over to Powell and shopped, shopped, shopped! I found my Halloween costume and Jill found me a Betsey Johnson Laptop case; that i NEEDED. We also found a cute and very unique store on High Street and fell in love with just about everything in there. We got a kick out of the board game magnet frames! We are going to HAVE TO MAKE THESE! I already found an old game of scrabble ($2 at garage sale) to use!
After shopping and going out to eat we hopped back in the Jeep (I had never gone for spin before) and with the doors off and found a sweet spot for dessert called Menchie's! Brooke had been there for Field trip and we wanted to check it out! Once we had been inside for more than 10 seconds we were convinced that Brooke should have her Birthday party there! I made my ice cream bowl with Cheesecake flavored Yogurt and cubed Cheesecake Bites. Laura Amberg, this day made me think of you and the amazing Cheesecake recipe you gave me!
~I am just a lil too excited~
Tommy came over in the evening and the girls worked on Audrey's Birthday invitations and the guys played pool and then sat in the driveway and did... well how would I know. Hopefully they were on their good behavior! LOL.
We had to get a photo before Tommy and I left. It was a wonderful afternoon/evening spent together. XOXOXO! I love you Jill!
On the 5th of September Kyla came over for lunch. We had some of my homemade spaghetti sauce. We sat out on the porch and talked. Tommy was home and was sweet enough to whip up some fresh whip cream for the fruit I had put out and made us chocolate drinks as well. How kind!
I bought my dad a Jalapeno Popper "Holder" for the Grill. We decided to share it, so on the 6th we got together for dinner, picked some peppers from the garden and stuffed them with cheese, bacon and roasted almonds. Oh my goodness, they were sooo good!
~Yum~
After our J.P. Appetizers Tommy served us Mini Burgers on Mini Pretzel Buns and Corn Tortillas with shredded dark meat chicken and fresh veggies minced. One of the best meals of the year.
We got invited to a really fun night at the Kahely's. Glenn and Lisa set up a HUGE big screen in the back yard and offered a Double Feature. We got a pizza to go and I used my Pampered Chef 8 Qt Collapsible Bowl filled with Popcorn to share. Hannah had some friends over for the movie and including The Stohrer's, Feisel's and Kahley's there were about 40 people out on the lawn. It was a great night to watch Megamind!
We went to the New Location for Shadowbox, as a family, for the first time last month. We were stoked to see Legacy: The Best from the Last 20 Years! The should couldn't have been any better. Tommy and I had been to the new location twice before but it was new to Mom and Dad. They loved the show and can't wait to get back and see Rocky Horror Picture Show ; their New Musical!

~Mom and I spent a morning together baking. We had so many laughs together~
Tommy and I were downtown again on a Sunday in September for Brunch at Due Amici. Outside on Gay Street, Columbus was Independents Day!!! You have to check out the link! It explains what we did after we had Eggs Benedict! What a beautiful day way to start our Sunday!
Jill played Vollyball with a league in Dublin, Ohio! My schedule had not been allowing me to go, so I was so so so happy to get to see her play in September. It was fun to watch her play. The main game was over by the time Tommy and I got drinks and watched the second one. We also ran into the Nashs. It was great to see and talk to them too. They play for different team.

Tommy and I decided one night to go out for Sushi, to a new place. It was good. To be honest I can't remember the name of it but we did enjoy the fresh fish platter. We've had better Sushi, that's for sure.
I woke up on the 15th to this for Breakfast!!! I love you Tommy! The Big German Pancake was the perfect idea for our Anniversary Breakfast!
Book, is the Modern Theme for gift giving for 4 Years of Marriage. When I was out shopping with Jill I found a signed copy of Rocco Dispirito's, FLAVOR! I really like the card that I found him as well.
Tommy got me flowers and a card the morning of, with something inside. As I opened it I would have never guessed... Watermelon Air Freshers for my Truck. Little did I know about the Truck Theme to come!

My Mom and Dad were very creative with our Year Four "Book Gifts". They found some Bridal Magazines for Tommy for fun and two books for me. One is a Ty Pennington DIY book since we helped with Extreme Makeover Home Edition. The other book is Kate Gosselin's most recent. I am currently reading "Multiple Bles8ings: Surviving Thriving Sextuplets". I am blown away by what I am reading and my heart aches more and more for Kate as I turn each page. I can't wait to finish it and start "I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family".Tommy's real wedding gift to me came a week later! No, not a book - a Makeover for my truck. If you don't remember, it used to be Silver. I have always wanted a Hunter Green Pick Up and when the 2005 Durango came out, I fell in love with it. Now I have the best of both of my driving dreams... a Hunter Green Durango! LOL! Thank you Tommy it was such a huge surprise!!!


Some of the Chicks and I got together to make dinner for fun. We each brought the ingredients for what we were making and started the "Pig Out". Lauren and Bethany brought dips that we made and ate while we cooked, I covered drinks and played Sous-Chef to the girls! Kyla brought everything to make BBQ Chicken Lasagna and Kara brought the goodies to make "Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake". Nough Said! :)

Everyone did a great job helping one another in the kitchen. It was the greatest chaos I had ever seen. Kara is a whiz in the kitchen and I'm pretty sure she "multi-tasked the most". I am going to start taking notes from her!
~Bethany's Dip was a Red Pepper, Basil and Cheese Dip~
~Kyla and Kara getting the Cakes ready to go into the oven~
~The Best Lasagna Ever~
And of course the Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake! We watched Spanglish while we ate and boy was all of the best of the best! What a great night!!!!
FOOD SWAP #2! Tommy and I invited my rents to come along this time to the Food Swap Downtown on High. Mom, Tommy and I each made goodies to bring. Mom made her Mother's Yummy Date Bars.
~Tommy made his Pretzel Buns, he made them into minis~
One of the ladies made homemade noodles again (yea) and also brought honey from her Bees in the back yard. I was impressed that she takes on that process!
Tommy also brought Mini Artisan Breads and I brought more Raspberry Jalapeno Jam and made Pesto from my Boxwood Basil in the Garden.

What an amazing September it was!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment