Wednesday, November 30, 2011

~Fun Before Thanksgivin' Come~

I am so behind in my Blogging. This blog is about some good times with great friends before Thanksgiving.

I had some friends over in October and we made sweets and treats including S'mores in the toaster oven and Kara's famous Fall Cupcakes. The sweets and treats were soooo good.

There were 9 of us crammed on the couch and floor watching Black Swan. Three of us had seen it and no one else had. The “triplets” felt bad that we said the movie wasn't that creepy or scary... I don't think we knew our audience well!

There is a new restaurant called Bel Lago on Sunbury. We had been meaning to go there for a while (even back when it was the Sunbury Grill) and finally did after driving home from a Pampered Chef Party on night. Bel Lago is right on the water and the view from our table was amazing. Tommy and I were very impressed with the food, overall, great experience. I think we were there wining and dining for at least 3 hours. The Chef is new and we will be back to see what he comes up with next.


Jill and I spent an evening together making invitations for Brooke's Birthday and I got to take her, her gift!!! Her gift was wrapped in some of my "special wrapping paper!". LOL. It was the New Pampered Chef Stoneware piece.
I love this photo of Brooke working so hard on her invites. She is so creative and had some fun ideas to add to what Jill thought of. I love these Ice Cream Cones the best - by far the greatest we've ever made.
All the little sprinkle dots are brads and between the three of us it still took a long time to make 20 of them. They are so detailed but worth every second of effort we put in to them!
Every year I make boxes for Operation Christmas Child. Usually I try to put together 5-15 of them and this year I was so busy that I was lucky to get 3 done. I had the kids help me pick out toys from the Dollar Store and got tons of Art Supplies from Staples with the Back to School Sales in September! Brooke and Audrey were "sweet" enough to donate the rest of their Halloween Candy to the boxes!!!
Lastly, In October I gave the kids a Halloween party at their house for doing their chores all week. Malinda had sent me home with extra goodies from the Fall Fest that she had put on. We had so much fun playing with the dough, the fake teeth, games and bubbles.

I gave Jack the Jack-O-Lantern Bag...
Audrey the Kitty Cat Bag (she has a Cat on her costume)...
and Ryan the Frankenstein Bag!!! It was perfect!!!
Hope you and your family had a Happy Halloween!
Oh yeah... Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years too! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment