Saturday, August 27, 2011

~A Whole Month of Bday Fun~

All of August was spent celebrating my birthday. It started with working on Extreme Makeover Home Edition with Tommy, Dad and my friend Angie. I was so excited that Ryan's (my youngest that I nanny for) birthday was in August too. The four of us (me and three kids) made cupcakes. We made home made vanilla with home made icing from Cupcake by Charise Mericle Harper. It's about a little cupcake that feels lonely because all the other cupcakes get "played with" (eaten) and he doesn't because he is 'just plain'. It's a really cute book. We have gotten it from the library three times now!
The kids LOVED helping out in the kitchen and it was a blast to decorate the cupcakes and leave one simple and plain! Here is a photo of the "other birthday kid" decorating away!

The final products! We each got to make six and eat one after singing Happy Birthday to Ryan and Happy Birthday to Meredith! Can you find the cupcake that the story is about?
When I woke up on my birthday morning Tommy had flowers and two cards for me. He put them in a vase with three other flowers (glass ones) that I got from the Columbus Museum of Art when we were first married.
Our friends Melissa and Dan from Bible Study were sweet enough to drop by with a card and veggies from their garden because we were not meeting for the month of August. It made me grin ear to ear when I came home and saw what they had left me. Melissa remembered me telling her about all the veggies that I did not have room to grow but wanted to some day when I had the space. How thoughtful.
One morning in the month of August Hannah and I met up for breakfast. It had been too long since I had seen her. We had such a great time talking. In two days she would officially start High School!!! I can't believe she is a Freshman now. I remember when we brought her to our house, she was two weeks old!
Hannah is very creative and artsy. She made me a necklace. That was something that we spent time doing together over a weekend in 2008. She said that she remembered that fun weekend and wanted to make me something new to wear. How sweet!
Two Tuesdays after my birthday I decided to have a birthday party, Basically it was the only night I had free. Friends were requesting that I do so! I was not planning on having one but when the sixth person asks you whats going on for the party... you plan one! LOL! I decided to have a themed Black and White party! I had fun shopping with my mom getting black and white napkins, decorations, Zebra Cakes "my cake", M&Ms, Oreos and more! We had about 10 people out on the patio and Brooke and Audrey too. Yes I babysat the night of my birthday party.
Audrey was so happy and giggly that night! Of course all of my friends were instantly in love with the girls. They hung out on the patio with us, played board games, flirted with my friend Sammy and later were put to bed, by Tommy, in our bed. I put my play list on to Taylor Swift and Tommy tucked them in. It was so sweet. Here's one of Audrey while I was tickling her.
Audrey had this thing where she was trying to climb over the couch and she would get stuck. What was extra funny was that she knew she was doing it for a laugh!!!
~I had to wear Zebra print for the party!~
~Hanging on the patio~
I know it's a little silly to blog this photo but I just had to. I ended up with 101 people posting Happy Bday on my wall! I'm gonna say it, "It made me feel special". Wow Facebook! What have you done to me?

Tommy's birthday gift to me was to have a Bed and Breakfast retreat after the first wedding we attended together where we were not photographing. On the way home from the Cleveland area we stopped into Grandpa's Cheese Barn and Sweeties as well. My birthday goodies from Tommy...
When we came into town on Sunday and my Mom had a surprise for me. When were in Cleveland with them in July, at a restaurant, I was tying to get one of the three of them to split the HUGE carrot cake slice with me. No one would and I was kinda sad but knew there was no way I could eat the whole thing myself. I come home to find she has made me Carrot Cupcakes for me. I felt so special. That was so kind and thoughtful of her. We all sat around the table and ate cupcakes along with our treats from the Barn. I loved all of my cards this year as well.
Jill also spoiled me this year with a bag of goodies, "Things that Meredith Likes!". I should have taken a photo. I totally forgot. She got me a new UofM tee, some photography and licence plate goodies (LOL) and more!! I love you Jill! Thank you so much.

If you haven't figured it out already, this blogs events are way out of order but I don't care! It's like a "smash page" from the new K&Company line... a thrown together page of things that make/made me happy! Happy 27th Birthday to Me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment