Thursday, January 19, 2012

~Thanksgiving in MI~

It was the WORST drive to MI we have ever made as a married couple! I could not get over the rain and the wind this year! I am just so glad we made it there ok. I was a back seat driver in the passenger seat the whole time!
Of course "coming home" to this smile from my little nephew made the whole day/drive better and totally worth it! "Hi, Baby Justin"!
We hung out with Tommy's rents, the boys and Danny (our Brother-In-Law) for the day! Not a bad photo for four boys who never stop! Yes, I said four!
The next day the family came back over again to Bob and Vicki's. This would be Tommy "trapping" our oldest nephew in a box while the middle child stairs blankly into the camera! Oh to have little ones!
I cuddled with the baby, of course, on the couch for as long as I could keep him there.
Christine (Sister-In-Law) found an amazing recipe for us to make. We went shopping for everything and got to bakin'! They were so yummy, check them out here!
So much fun to swirl them all!
While Christine and I were baking the guys were slaving away cooking us an amazing meal! I loved every bite of it!
One Thanksgiving morning we headed over to my Aunt LuAnn's house! I had to get a photo of PREGNANT Susan, Sarah and Me - the girls! Susan was due Jan 14th and about ready to pop!
Tommy put my cousin Alex to work for H'ordeuvres Night! This is them making marshmallows for a Sweet Potato and Torched Marshmallow Ice Cream!
As Always we played some games. Apples to Apples is a Tradition!!!
My Aunt Sue roots for Michigan State and we spent all year going back and fourth (via text) all season, giving each other crap! When I saw this shirt, I just had to... Ha, she'll never wear it. Maybe she'll re-gift it. I hope so cause I heard rumor she might use it as a rag!
We usually always see a movie while we are there, this year The Muppets! I thought it was well done and the cameos were great! There were people that I never would have expected to show up and did!!!
Aunt LuAnn held a Baby Shower for Andrew and Susan and Baby Madelyn Marie! Everyone brought a $10 gift and as they opened them they tried to guess who got them what! It was a GREAT idea and so much fun!!! I love how Pete tricked them with Little Pink Baby Shoes!
~Tommy "made" Susan try the Ice Cream he and Alex made before everyone else!~
The Official Baby Pool! I was so excited that I won Date! Uncle Bill and I tied for length and my Mom won weight! How fun!
We Celebrated Alex's 20th Birthday! This year he made his Cake (yes, he and Sarah have made them the last couple years) Football Themed!
WE WON! WE WON! WE WON! University of Michigan beat OSU... FINALLY! LOL! The seven of us went to Bar Louie and the Mall and watched both Michigan Games. It was fun watching both games and observing other people at the same time. Boy oh Boy some men can get maaaad!
We had a blast that night watching movies, playing pool and other games and of course eating leftovers. Aunt LuAnn always announces, "Remember, I don't want any leftovers!".

The next Day we went to Bob and Vicki's to cook and eat Dinner with Grandma! It was so fun for Tommy to help her out in the kitchen. All 5 of us had a great time!
Tommy's Grandma made Pumpkin Pie and brought if over. It was the Pumpkin that Nick grew in his Garden - how special! It was so good and CAN'T WAIT to have her in February! I know we will cook and bake up a storm with her then!!!
While we were in Michigan I found out that Fred Meijer passed away. I never met him but have ALWAYS loved the store Meijer and felt like I knew him!!! Growing up we would go to Meijer every Saturday evening after Church and as a wife of four years, it's still the only place I shop!!! All the Columbus, Ohio locations had a table and guest book out to sign. I wrote something inside! It felt like I had closure!
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Next up Winter Fun and Christmas at The Feisel's!

No comments:

Post a Comment