Thursday, April 22, 2010

~Write It Down~

I got a book at Barnes and Noble before we left for Hide A Way Hills this past Spring called Write It Down, Make It Happen; Knowing What You Want – And Getting It! It's written by an author named Henriette Ann Klauser, Ph.D. She's brilliant, let me tell you! The book explains how simply writing down your goals in life is the first step toward achieving them. Writing can even help you understand what you want.


In this book, you will read stories about ordinary people who witnessed miracles large and small unfold in their lives after they performed the basic act of putting their dreams on paper. Klauser's down-to-earth tips and easy exercises are sure to get your creative juices flowing. Before you know it, you'll be writing your own ticket to success.

I am very impressed with not only the facts stated in the book but the outline to follow if I so choose; Trust me I chose too. I read it though once, read it again and highlighted and finally a third time and actually followed the "lessons" chapter by chapter. It's been a fun little homework assignment for myself. I must admit that I was so excited about what I was readying that I followed the tasks at the end of Chapter 1 right away while we where still in Hide-A-Way. It's all about making a list of what you want. Dream Big, Write Anything Down, Don't Over Think, Pen to Paper Non-stop even if it mean you write down 200 items to achieve. I ended up with 156 items within 10 mins.

One of the items I put was to Photograph a Million Dollar Wedding. Not to necessarily get paid a million, although that would be awesome, but photograph knowing that the total wedding budget was close enough or even over a million dollars. The date I wrote that down was March 22nd 2010. I'm not going to say anything yet but it just might come true sooner than Tommy and I thought it would. Also, three of the other 200 items have already "come true" in the last two weeks. I'm just saying! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment