Thursday, April 7, 2011

~Meet the Clippers (& Aeros)~

On Wednesday Daddy and I went to see the Columbus Clippers (Indians AAA Team) play the Akron Aeros (Indians AA Team) at the "Meet the Clippers" Day! Before the game we went to the 3rd Base Line and hit up the Aeros for autographs. I got 12! Not bad at all! This pic proves how windy it was while we were there! It was nice weather but a little windy! Four hours and only one baseball card got away from me - not bad! Krash (Mascot) came over a couple times to play with a little boy that sat behind us at the game. The little baby was not sure what to think of him! I got a couple of pictures for the mom and this was the face I got! LOL! "Who is holding me and WHY are you taking pictures?". So funny!
The Columbus Clippers and Akron Aeros played their final tune-up of the Spring Training season at Huntington Park on Wednesday afternoon. The crowd at the ballpark sat through chilly conditions, but the bats were hot for much of the game as Akron downed the Clippers 10-4 in a 7-inning contest. - Clippers Website

After the Game we went to the back of the Stadium (where the guys go to get on the bus) and waited for them; for autographs! I got at least 9 more cards signed while I was waiting there. Then Daddy and I headed over to lifestyle communities pavilion for the Meet the Clippers evening! Little did we know that the Aeros would be announced their too! Lets just say that by the end of the evening I got every single solitary card that Daddy brought for the Aroes... signed!
Then it was on to the Clippers! Daddy and I had a system worked out while we were there and by the end of the night we got 52 cards signed! Yea! I think we got all of the Clippers that were present that day, that would mean everyone that was there, we got!!! It was an amazing day for the baseball fans! I asked Daddy on the way home if he had any others to bring FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON - THAT HAS NOT EVEN OFFICIALLY STARTED YET? He said with a long pause, maybe a couple? LOL!
~I had a to grab this shot in the truck on the way home~
When I got home Tommy had dinner almost done! I have been eating mostly fruits and veggies recently and I came home to Steak, Rosemary Potatoes and Caramelized Fennel! I love my Husband!
Over all Wednesday was a great day! Time with Daddy, Ballpark Dog, Babies, Great Game, Meet BOTH Teams this Year, Tons of Autographs and Great Weather! I could not have asked for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment