Friday, April 29, 2011

~The Royal Wedding~

The Royal Wedding of 2011 was an Event that I will never forget! Kyla came over around midnight and we got the party started! We waited hours to see His Royal Highness arrive and the Wedding begin and it was worth it!
Kyla brought over sugar cookies that she made from scratch and they tasted even better than these little decadents look!!!
Catherine looked so beautiful in her dress. It was so much fun to watch the T.V. in anticipation!I took stills of the Wedding while we were watching!
The Ring, not Rings! Prince William is not to wear one? What's that about?

Kyla and I had a huge laugh over Catherine's brothers reading! She said at least twice how cute he was... then he opened his mouth to speak, yea, she was done! His reading was so dramatic; in a bad way! Poor guy, I don't think he knew the way the words sounded coming out of his mouth or he would have spoken differently!
It was wonderful to see the boys choir perform. They did such a wonderful job! How fun to grow up and get so say, "Yes, I performed for William and Catherine!".
I love this shot that the crew got of Westminster Abbey! I was there in 2000 and it was wonderful to relive being there!

I have had a minor "crush" on Victoria since the Spice Girls! If you know me then you knew there was a slight obsession in the 90's! Kyla and I were looking out for her during the coverage and found her (of course with David) and loved her dress! Apparently she wore a dress from her Fall 2011 line and like always ROCKED IT! I loved her hat too. As you know all the ladies wore their finest hats and Beckham's was one of the few that I actually loved! If I had a place to wear it, I would! I can't wait to see her belly grow! I heard they are finally having a girl!
To no ones surprise Eton John was there. He sang and Diana's funeral and welled up a lot during the wedding!
Remember how I said I like Victoria's hat? Um! Princess Beatrice, No! It was sooooo distracting! Kyla and I kept asking why? Sorry to sound mean, but Why? She's so beautiful and she was hiding her face!
You can not really see Pippa's dress very well in this shot but I loved her dress!
Truly, her dress was dynamite! She looked so beautiful walking the girls in! ~You're Married!~
The Grand Exit for everyone to see!
I loved that they road off in a Carriage! It wouldn't be the Fairytale that it was if they didn't!
It was so fun to see other shots of London, like Big Ben and the Parliament!
~A smile on William!~
I was so glad to find a video of the Balcony Kiss! Very short but sweet!
Can you believe how many people were there?! There were even 1,900 seated in W. Abbey! That's a large guest list and a lot of mouths to feed at the reception! LOL!
~I found a photo of the cake, Wow!~
I was so happy to spend 9 hours watching footage and talking with Kyla! We had a great time! I will forever remember Catherine (now 'Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge') and Williams wedding! As a wedding photographer I have seen quite a few but this one was spectacular!

1 comment:

  1. I was thrilled to see the inside of Westminster Abby also-I was there in 1995- BUT I also was thrilled to think about what was going on in Buckingham Palace because I was also able to tour the inside of the palace on that trip!!!
    my trip with Aunt Sandy and Grandma happened to be during the 2 weeks that part of the palace is open to the public- we were able to get tickets and off we went! glad you enjoyed the wedding too...I have been watching almost all day...so many recaps!!! ta ta and good nite

    ReplyDelete