Saturday, August 28, 2010

~Yummy Food & More~

Tommy and I woke up on Saturday morning at 11! Ahh! So nice for a summer Saturday! Before we even had breakfast we were in bed with 4 cookbooks trying to decide what we were going to cook! It had been a while since we had the time to read, pick, shop for and cook a "detailed" meal together! After about an hour Tommy found a Beef Stroganoff recipe in his Ad Hoc book I got him for his birthday and we were off to the grocery store! By 2pm this glorious pot was simmering on our stove top!
At 8:45pm this was placed in front of me at the dinner table! Oh my goodness! One of the most amazing dishes he has ever made! It was perfect! I hate to say it but it has officially won against my grandmothers recipe for her Beef Stgf. I will say though that when we are busy with our kids and their schedules that I will still bust out her recipe to make a quick version! This one, Wow!
While he was cooking up the final touches, I was working on a couple of scrapbook pages! This one will be easy to add a picture into cause it will tuck into the bird cage and flowers. I think I am going to add the "new" caterpillar picture. Yep, we have more on our tomatoes again! I just need to order a print of it. Use your imagination! lol.

Insert this pic in the circle; in your mind! :)

This is a page that I have been thinking about making for a while now. A Blockbuster by our house went out of business and they had DVD card stocks for sale; 20 for $1! They are the items that they would place on the shelves so that they knew where to put the movie back, when restocking. I loved the movie Julie & Julia and this is what I came up with. The quote is from a magazine that Jill gave me and I had just kept on my desk for months cause I liked it, the little letter cut out is from the Gypsy line and the blue flower (top left) is from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment