Tuesday, March 15, 2011

~DJ Party & The Refectory~

Last week Tommy and I went to a work event out in Hilliard. We had not been to that side of town in a while. It got into my summer attire and got all dolled up and ready to go. I knew that we would be hot in the DJ's warehouse and the "after party" location. I had a purple velvet jacket too but I never wore it! Told you that I am ready for Spring! I hate Winter! I surprised Tommy afterwords by telling him we had to to make our reservations at The Refectory! We said our goodbyes, left and made it just in time for our 9pm reservations. I was so excited to go because we had never been there. We received a $50 Gift Card at a Networking Event that we were at a couple of months ago. A little history...

"The Refectory has a long and distinguished history. The building was first used as a church built in the mid 1800s, and assumed its role as Columbus' premier French restaurant in the 1980s. The unique architecture and majesty of the original construction create a relaxed intimate candle lit ambiance. The Refectory presents an unparalleled dining experience that is well-known to wonderfully complement this elegant setting."

We ordered FEUILLETE OF WILD MUSHROOM & RABBIT SAUSAGE with shallot and Brandy saucean along with ROASTED GOAT CHEESE with shallots, beets and olive oil for appetizers. The presentation done for both; amazing! Here's a photo of one. Then I had the MUSSEL SOUP white wine and shallots in a saffron cream for my entree and Tommy had the SAGE BRINED PORK TENDERLOIN roasted and served with a truffle bread budding and sun dried tomato veal sauce.

We must say that the food was very good. We also "must say" that the service was good but a little too hoyte toyte for us. We usually go for the whole package from the food, to the presentation to the service. The Refectory had food and presentation down! The service was a little much. Don't get us wrong, Tommy left to go to the restroom and came back to a pushed in chair and a re-folded napkin! I thought that was a great attention to detail but some of what was done and any and every way that the service staff talked to us was so dramatic!!! Just a little too much for us. Bottom line, food was fantastic, ambiance was stuffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment