Wednesday, March 16, 2011

~Wedding Weekend~

This past weekend was the first wedding of the season for me as I was not assisting in February. We photographed a couple named Alissa and Jason. Jason and Tommy worked at Cedar Point together for four years; from 2000-2003 - My High School Years! LOL!

We started off our drive out with snacks, new music and sunshine! I couldn't believe how nice it was outside. When we left in the morning it was cloudy and cool. On the way to the wedding we stopped by to visit Aunt Sandy for an hour or so. While we were there I went outside and got a shot of where I should as we said our vows. It really took me back. We also sat outside for a few before Sandy got there. Again, it was so nice out!

Around two we got to the Father of the Bride's Boat House in Sandusky. It was a three story with a really nice size balcony off the master. We were presented with a meat 'n' cheese and fruit plate when we got there. What did we do? Took it out on the balcony and snacked, for lunch, while sun bathing for an hour! I WAS A HAPPY GIRL!~Bedside Lighting at the Boat House~At 3:30pm we got changed and we were off to the Rehearsal at St. Stephens Church. It was there we learned how darn cute the flower girl was; oh my gosh! Afterwords was the Rehearsal Dinner at Sortino's. Baby, it was as Italian as they come! We had such a great time there! The food was amazing, the décor was fun to look at and, I must say, that bathroom artwork was the best part!!! The Dames restroom has this life size poster of a naked man, in a tub, with an “Italian Flag Speedo” on; that included a “What's Behind The Speedo?” handle. So needless to say every lady that goes to the restroom there checks what's behind the flag either before of after washing her hands. The BEST PART is that when you lift it to see... an alarm sounds! Not just in the restroom but in the entire restaurant so that everyone can hear! Guilty!!!

On Saturday we had a 16 hour day. The wedding was nice. We had a lot of fun at the reception. You know that there will be pictures to follow, but for now...

The next morning (Sunday) we went to The KALAHARI!!! That's where we had our reception; it was so much fun to be back! We spent a little over an hour there! Perfect!

We planned on eating at Kaluaville inside the Kalahari and it had been renovated since we were there the last time. It is now called The Reserve. Tommy had a wedge salad (he had been craving one) since only the bridal party had one at the wedding and I had the hummus appetizer!

Of course before that we looked at the Male African Lion, only 7 weeks old. You can get your pictures taken with the babies but it's $38 for a 5x7! Crazy! Our prints are less than that and we don't directly print them; we spend 20 mins finishing each. They only had a lion last weekend but he sure was cute! We check on him a couple of times while we were there but he was napping the whole time. He was sweepy!

~After lunch we went to The Candy Shop~

Over the weekend that we got married mom treated me to get practicably two of everything to share with the bridesmaids! This time, a handful of gummy worms! Tommy and I walked around the two gift shops, then took the gummy worms for the car ride to Brittany & Nate's new place.

Right after we got the tour of the new place we were off to Thorn Creek Winery. The décor was right up my ally. Tommy agreed! I wish I had gotten a photo of the “back yard” at the Winery! It would be so beautiful for weddings!

~We got two flights of Wine & a Cheese Board. I liked the Sauvignon Blanc the best~

After our tastings we went downstairs to the Cellar. Also, would be perfect for a wedding reception. I really hope that we get to photograph there someday. We had a great time visiting and catching up from the last year. We could not believe it but it had been over a year since the four of us had hung out! We can not go that long again. We enjoy their company too much!

~Brittney made us an amazing Salmon Dinner. It was fabulous~

After dinner Brittney had some online class work that she needed to get done. During that time Nate taught us a new board game. It's called Qwirkle and boy was it fun. It took a full round to make sure that we got all the rules and such but it was a fairly easy game and one that you can play while talking, with two people or even six. Tommy and I both liked it. I just might be looking for one for ourselves. It's kind of like dominos and rummy-cube combined.

For dessert we had champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a pie from Heaven. Brittney made a Bailey's Moose Pie! WOW! It has a Graham Cracker crust, Bailey's, Vanilla Pudding, melted chocolate and more. I was so sad that I forgot to take a picture but I must say that the few times that I forget to do so, it's because it looked so good that I could not wait the 5 seconds it takes to get a photo. I have to get the recipe!

~It think by the end of the night we played three more rounds of Qwirkle~

We had such a great time with Brittney & Nate. We can't wait to hang out again. They are in Aurora, Ohio so I am sure by the end of the summer we will be there again. Sunday was such a great day. I hope that everyone had a great weekend and Tommy and I are really looking forward to next weekend too. No Work, All Play!

No comments:

Post a Comment