Tuesday, June 8, 2010

~Grandma Feisel~

The 15th – 18th of June we were in Chicago with Hannah. We got in on Friday morning at around 3am. On Saturday we left in the morning to go to Sandusky to photograph a wedding. We were in the hotel ready to go to bed at 2am. We decided to get up in the morning and go to Cedar Point (instead or driving home) so that we could go to Soak City and meet up with Jason (Tommy's friend) after he got off work at 3pm. We slept in on accident and woke up to House Keeping knocking on our door at 11:50am. Oops. I left my suit at home so we went to Meijer to get some breakfast and a new bathing suit. While we were leaving the parking lot Vicki called. It was in relation to grandma not doing well; we were off to Michigan. It was a blessing that we were in Sandusky as apposed to Columbus. It made the drive a lot easier; two hours in stead of four. We got to the Hospital around 3pm. At 2am the next morning (Monday) we said goodbye to Grandma. Part of my heart broke off at that moment, a part that I will not get back for a long time.


I loved her so much. She was such a sweetheart. I remember the first time I met her. We were at Michelle's house and in walked this petite, white haired, brightly colored dressed woman. In she walks, kisses me on the cheek and says, “Well, you must be Meredith!”. It made me feel so special, she knew me!!!!

Each family get together I would spend some time with her. She always had pictures with her. She was such a story teller. I loved listing to her explain who was in each of the photos and when they were taken and where. She always had a smile on her face and a kiss ready for ya. I will forever miss her. Love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment