Sunday, July 18, 2010

~Cleveland Visit & More~

I have been fairly pleased with the veggies in the garden this year (tons of cherry tomatoes are turning red everyday) but the freaking caterpillars have been eating my parsley and other herbs. I can't win! LOL. I need a year with both the veggies and herbs to do well. I took some pix of the caterpillars because they are very cute but I am mad at them!


I have been picking other veggies (that no one has been bothering), dicing them up and adding them in omelets all week. So fresh and so full of flavor. Well, a little spicy too. I'd been adding jalapeno peppers.




I went to meet a new little guy last week. His name is Trust and my friends Heather and Bret are the reason he is here. Cutest little guy ever. He's only three weeks old and he's growing out of this 0-3 month clothes. :) I got this pic of him and also took him a “Welcome to the World” Gift. I wish I had taken a picture of it first. I was out with Jill last Sunday and while we were at JoAnns I walked past it, turn around and put it in the cart. I knew I had to buy it for him. Sad that I didn't get a pic of it.

Last week we were supposed to go to Cleveland for a trip to visit friends and we were just too busy. Our friends Jen and Dave had a lil girl named Cami. Jen and Tommy were in Photo Illustration together at Kent State and both worked together at a photography company before Tommy started New Age Foto. We photographed Cami as “The Princess and the Pea” at 4 weeks old and she's turning two in September. After the double header (two weddings, two days in a row) we met up with them at Summit Mall near Akron. She showed up in her lil pink and blue dress with her pigtails. In the Mall's food court was a little mini merrygoround. It had a plane, a train and a duck to ride. Cami pointed to it and said, “Duck! Mine?” She was so happy to ride it! I snapped a shot of her on it and one with daddy too. It was so great to see them again. It had been way too long. Also, Cami is being potty trained and came up to me, “flashed me” to show me “her Dora's”! We all started laughing!





Clarissa met us up there two and we went out to eat with her after Jen and Dave left. C, T and I were craving sushi. Especially Tommy because on the way into the mall we drove past Wasabi, a place he used to take me when we dated. Too funny that we went to Bistro on Main and Wasabi in back to back weeks. We all split an app and 4 rolls. It was great to catch up with her and laugh as much as we did.
PICTURE TO FOLLOW

So Tommy and I saw an “Airplane” driving down the free way! Yea! You should have seen it with your own eyes. I wish I had gotten a better picture but we were a little behind him. I took this pic zoomed in all the way on my camera then cropped in on the computer. It was crazy to see. Kind of like a motorcycle but shaped like an air plane and seated 5! I wish he had been parked at a rest stop with us or something, I would have loved to have bugged him with some questions. Later Tommy looked it up on his phone. Finally with Google and "Rocket Car Ohio" we came up with this web site and the second picture.

"The Rocket Car, was created from an authentic space rocket swinging ride, salvaged from the old "Euclid Beach Amusement Park" that existed in the Cleveland area until about 1969. Ron Heitman took a dream and did what he likes best, turned it into a car!! A 1973 Oldsmobile Toronado drive train was used to transform The Rocket Car into a legal street vehicle."


Jackson was cracking me up the other day. He was sliding his head between couch cushions trying to get to his tennis ball. He was frozen in this position for at least 5 minutes whining like crazy. Tommy and I were laughing so hard, with his lil ear being push up aside the couch.
On Tuesday I picked up a sheet of new stamps. I was anxiously awaiting for the Comic ones to come out. My mom even sent me an email on Monday saying they are out now. I collect for fun and 2010 has not brought the best of the best. Although these are cute! I think it will be a lot of fun for our kids someday to look back at art, layout, design and prices of the stamps have changed over time, at least from 1996 on...
Baby John (J.C.) and Amber came over for a visit on Monday. It was so great to see them both. I love his baby blues. What a head of hair too!!! Tommy still calls him the Michelin Man or Mich for short. I can't get over his lil rolls either. Amber used to say, "With the two boys I have there's no way the third could be even cuter!" Well...
On the way over someone poopied though his diaper and his outfit luckily, me being "Mrs. Over Prepared" I just so happened to had a size three diaper in with the photo stuff and an outfit for him to wear. One that I bought for my friend Travis when he and his wife have a baby someday! I guess there will be even more of a story to tell, someday, when I give it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment