Thursday, July 8, 2010

~Saturday Fun~

Lets start with I got up at 1pm! Now, that's Saturday Fun! I would have slept in even later if the dog was quiet. Tommy and I decided to go to Gallery Hop at some point this year. Of course with our schedule there was only one that would work. Gallery Hop is held in Columbus in the Short North/Arts District. Read more about it below!

"Every first Saturday, thousands of visitors converge on the strip to see new art exhibits and add to their growing collections. With dozens of galleries and non-traditional exhibit spaces, it’s Columbus’ favorite night of the month to celebrate art. Though many shops are open earlier, the Gallery Hop officially starts at 4PM and runs to 10PM with restaurants and bars staying open considerably later.

On a typical Hop, over 40 galleries and non-traditional art venues (think restaurants, boutiques, and salons) spotlight the best of established and emerging Ohio-based artists. They also feature the works of nationally and internationally acclaimed artists.

On the streets performers settle into the many nooks of the District to entertain the throngs of Short North fans. Saxophonists, singers, improvisational dance troupes, even stilt walkers and stage characters add to the unforgettable experience." -www.shortnorth.org

When we got down town we went over to Hickory and Main to see Luxboheme. Priscilla had a table out to sell accessories for the store. I was so excited to find this necklace (in the picture below) because my friend made it. I met Barb at Deb's house when we were wrapping baskets for the Benefit for John and Amber. She donated some bath items for baskets including some jewelry that she made. I loved the owl necklace that she made and all of her hair pieces. I introduced her to Priscilla because she said she loves making all of it but didn't know where/or how to sell it. Only a couple of days after they met, Barb was selling her items at Luxboheme. I am so excited for her. Like the necklace below? Yeah!

~The Hair Clips are Barb's too!~
We ended up at The Black Olive. We had not been there before and we were soooo glad that we went. The service was great, the food was fantastic and it felt like an exclusive dinning experience because it was fairly small. Tommy of course ordered a Black Olive Martini, then we split the Seared Ahi Tuna. It was to die for! Tommy and I make S.A.T. (haha) all the time and it's really good but the first words out of my mouth were, "You gotta make it like this!"
Our desserts were very good. They have five to choose from. I picked the Chocolate Almond and Tommy picked the Key Lime Mini Pie. Tommy tied mine and said he loves them both. Next time we go I think I'm getting the Raspberry Moose.

After we ate Tommy and I spent at least 20 mins looking for our car, which made us late to Amber's Birthday Party! Oops! She had her get together at Karaoke Bar. She made me promise that when we got there that we would sing "Fancy" by Reba McEntire! When we were little kids we would make "Music Videos" to Reba songs and perform them for my rents and occasionally her grandma! Oh my gosh. We sang out little hearts out! We haven't had that much fun in years. :) You'll hear Amber say towards the end of the video (yes, Tommy got it on video) "I don't remember there being this many words, when we were little!" We had so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment