Friday, July 2, 2010

~Red, White and Boom~

This summer we went down town for the Fourth of July. It was the first time we had attended since 2007. It was so much fun to be apart of all the festivities. We got there around 3pm. We took a cooler of goodies, our camera equipment and our folding chairs. We walked the blocked off streets and ended up at Cotters on Nationwide Blvd. We got wine, an app and dessert. Yes, you read it right a minute ago, we brought a cooler but we were hungry and it was about two miles away in the car. We still ate our cooler of food a couple of hours before the fireworks.

When we were at Cotters I had the best Bruchetta ever! It had onion , goat cheese, basil, tomato and reduced balsamic. Wow!
~Tommy's veggie and shrimp was really good~
For dessert we got a triple chocolate moose and cheesecake. My cheese cake filling is way better but I liked their crust more.

~Thought this was cute, "Bert"!~
Tommy and I met up with Mom and Dad for the parade.

This Parade Float was done very well. It was tons of license plates of people that lost their lives to Drink Driving, colored and made to look like a flag. I was very impressed.
These cops went by and my dad tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Get a pic for Audrey!" It was so cute that he thought of her. So, A-Dub, this one's for you!
The rest of the pix (and video) are from the fireworks. We busted out the sushi, fruit platter and chocolates. We had a great view of the works. It was crazy how much debris hit us. I would have never of expected it from how far back we were sitting but we got tons of it. Other than that it was perfect. It was Columbus 30th Anniversary of Red, White and Boom. We were all very impressed at how many their were, the combination's and the colors. Wow!


2 comments:

  1. awesome awesome awesome video of the fireworks show. made me almost cry since i never got to see them this year. so glad I got to see them now. I will make sure and show aud the horse pictures. she'll love it. Your dad is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) so glad you loved the video. let me know what audrey said. :)

    ReplyDelete