Wednesday, September 9, 2009

~Labor Day Wknd~

It was great to have the cousin’s in town for Labor Day weekend. It was so relaxing for Tommy and me to take a couple of days and do nothing, but what we wanted to do. Although the weekend really started Friday night before they got into town. My mom's friend Valerie gave me an 1980's vintage dress that she wore to one of her high school dances. I have been waiting for a place to wear it. When I heard what I was going to be up to Friday night, I fixed it up, wore my new Steve Madden Shoes and bought a bracelet at Forever 21 that would tie everything together! Here's the before and after of the sleeve of the dress, the bracelet and the shoes!




On Friday night I went to Christy’s Bachelorette Party. We started at Buca di Beppo. Our waiter was amazing for the table of ladies that we were! Christy got surprised from him left and right. He brought out a surprise entrée, two shots and a cute cupcake for dessert, with candles & of course other wait staff to sing, Going to the Chapel. One of the other girls who worked there asked us to all get up and go over to the other Bachelorette and sing Going to the Chapel to her and her friends. It was quite fun. Thank goodness we all knew the words.

We moved onto The Big Bang after that. Also, our waiter found out we were going to The Big Bang and gave us tickets to get in for FREE. None of us paid to get in, it was great!




On Saturday morning Tommy and I left to go to Geneva Hills, Ohio to shoot a wedding. Not just for anyone but for Alisha & Brian. Alisha and Tommy met at Heritage Church last year. She called New Age Foto to hire us to update Heritage’s Photography of the staff and such. Since then she has been working for New Age Foto. We love both Brian & Alisha so much. I did her make up when I got there and of course we shot the wedding. Their Cake Topper was so them!

It was so beautiful. I am sure that Tommy will have photos up on the blog next week. It was also fun for me to go to the wedding because over the last few months I have gotten to know some of her friends. It was great seeing them all again at the wedding. We will be doing a shoot of one for her bridesmaid’s (and her husband) soon. Can’t wait!

When we got into Columbus, we unloaded the truck, changed and went over to my parent’s house to pick up my cousins. They had gotten into town Saturday morning. We all plied in the truck and brought them over to our house to see it, they had not been before. Jackson was so happy to meet them all. It did fairly well with all that was going on between new people in the house, a tour of our home, wine glasses out and all the fun we were having! Although he did lick Mikes face a lot and jump on him quite a few times. After an hour or so we were off to Easton to Shadowbox. The cousin’s had never been there and my friend Andy performs. The show was called Bad to the Bone. We slit some apps and a pizza all ordered some drinks and had two hours for laughing at comedy sketches, listing to rock & roll hits preformed and enjoying each others company.

On Sunday we met back up at my parent’s house for a big cookout with the family. Daddy made pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. It was so good. He also made a potato salad, pepper salad and tomato salad, all from an Arizona cookbook I bought him for his birthday. He spends time in AZ, usually, once a year and I thought he would enjoy it. We all sure enjoy reaping the benefits of it! In the evening we went to a Clippers game with everyone. They Won!!! Did you hear that, we won! Great way to end a season!


On Monday we all hung out at the house. Finished up the NEW! 1st Annual Dart Tournament at the Stohrer's. Tommy Won the I.D.I.O.T. (Indian's Dart In Ohio Tournament) Trophy! We also have the C.R.A.P Trophy for Pool at Aunt Luann's. It was almost called the S.H.I.T. but got vetoed! I was runner up for the I.D.I.O.T.!

It was such a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment