Tuesday, March 2, 2010

~Hide -A- Way~

Tommy and I spent three days in Hide - A - Way Hills on Vacation this past week. We were there Sunday though Tuesday although it felt like a full week. That's because we took like three naps a day. All we did was sit in the hot tub, read, eat and sleep. Oh and played a couple of board games.

We went last year in May, the weather was a little bit better but still, we want to make it a annual tradition. The cabin belongs to my mom's best friend and her spouse. He got the cabin back in 92 I think, so I have always known of it. Last year, like this year, we wanted to take a mini vaca before the season hit, wedding season that is. It's a perfect idea to go and have a few nights of peace and quiet before 80 hour weeks hit. Also, this year, again, I planned out meals ahead of time and took them, already prepared. I was nice to just reheat things and still have a great meal. Not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything!

The moment we got there we got in the hot tub. Ahhhhh, so relaxing. Tommy and I went to Barnes and Noble the night before we left town and each of us got new books. I purchased Write It Down, Make It Happen and he got Waiter Rants and Delux. Tommy finished Waiter Rants while we were there. He was such a happy camper. He said it had been years since he had just sat down a read a book in a week or less. I was so pleased with my book too... so please that I will just say it now, "Go out and get yourself a copy!" Jill, you can borrow mine! lol. I read 6 chapters (most of them in the hot tub too) and then went back, started over and highlighted and made "Lists". Read the book, you'll know what I mean. Wow. So inspiring.

I also learned how to play the game Risk. We got it for our wedding because Tommy really wanted it and we had not played together before. He explained the game to me and we were off... by the end of the game I was the one that was happy we played, because I WON! We really did have such a wonderful time. :)

~Hot Chocolate for the road~

~The Books~

~The Games~

~Me in the Truck~

~Me not so amused with Tommy~

~Hot tub Time~

~New Meal, So Yummy!~

~The card that was on the bed when I got upstairs! What a sweet surprise! It said, "I like hanging out with you" on the inside and an added sweet note from Tommy.~

~We took a drive around the Hills and stopped by to say, "Hi" to the horsies!~

~Stay away from my food & stay away from my mama!~

~My sweet boy. I heart him.~

~Relaxing~

~My pink pieces taking over the board!~

~Bye Bye Cabin~

~Tommy says, "Later, Cabin!"~


Jackson went to a new place for the week because Tommy missed drop off time at our vet. Thank god they had a free space at Pet Palace, although I know why, "They are expensive!" Can you bleieve, at drop off, that they asked it Jaskson would like a Bed and or a T.V. in his "room". lol. Wow. Anywho, he did well except he peed on everything, every 20 mins. He was very happy to see us when we got there to pick him up, or should I say every excited to see his daddy. He could care less that I had the leash. He also made a girlfriend on the way out, a black lab. lol.

~Outside~

~Oh so Happy~

No comments:

Post a Comment