Thursday, January 7, 2010

~Dinner for Jack~

Jack's funeral was Tuesday morning. So on Wednesday we had an "In Memory of Jack Dinner" at LaChatelaine in Worthington. At dinner we had my mom and dad (Jack and dad were cousins), Beth, Steve and Joan (Jack's nephew and nieces) and three of Jack's friends from church. Beth was in from Cali, Steve came in from Arizona and Joan is from North Carolina. It was truly a bittersweet night. We told old stories (some we had never heard) and of course did impressions of Jack. Beth also brought some old photos. Including a the youngest pictures I have ever seen of my grandma (dad's mom) and my Great Grandpa (grandma's daddy Albert). Jack was in one of the photos and looks around 6 years old. Oldest photo I had ever seen of him too. He brought such Joy to our lives. We will miss him at lot.

Dinner photo!

Chocolate Crapes!

Me with Joanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment