Monday, January 11, 2010

~A Friday I Will NEVER Forget~

Thursday night was Girls Night. It was the 1st break of relaxation I had, had in a while. On Friday I found out that my friend McKenna, her son, Kaleb, passed away. I was on the phone with Lisa, who was offering comfort to me when I could not get a hold of my mom. After 20 minutes she was able to calm me down enough to breath. Tommy could only hold and comfort me for a few minutes when I found out because he had a deadline (of 2 minutes left) to get the edited photos to Kathy at the Dispatch for the future Article of John and Amber and their story. I got a text from Amber's midwife Amy when I was on the phone with Lisa. After Lisa and I got off the phone I checked the text, "John Passed". Once again I was out of breath. Less than a minute before I read the text Tommy pressed "send" to Kathy for the photos. He helped me breathe and do nothing more than get my shoes on to go over to, what now is only, Amber's home. Mom met us there from work. We were almost to Amber's home when Tommy got a call on his cell. "The Email did not come through!" said Kathy. Tommy dropped me off at Amber's (mom was their shortly after) and he went home to send it again. It did not go through because the second he pressed send he pushed the sleep mode button because he heard me cry out an agonizing cry and knew that John had passed too and we were going to be leaving the house within seconds.


Ako and her husband Tim have a little girl named Aila, who I am sure you know by now. They invited us over for dinner to make sushi. Alia is six months old and already crawling and standing up on her own. She was so fun to play with while we were there. Tommy asked me if I wanted to cancel. I couldn't! I need to be with friends and a little baby! We truly had a wonderful time. I watched Ako made the sushi while we talked in the kitchen. We also played "pass the baby around the table" and got to be apart of Aila's first "No". What a quivering lip we saw seconds after, Oh Boy! It was best thing for me and Tommy after the day we had.



No comments:

Post a Comment