Tuesday, May 24, 2011

~Puerto Rico - Getting Burnt~

We decided to go to a Beach and sit out for a day; today's blog was THAT day! We packed a cooler, wore our swim gear and headed toward the NE side of the island in search of the perfect beach. We could not get into the resort beaches but found a couple of little drives in between resorts that were public. We drove up to one and there was a little dog. He made me feel so sad for him by following me around and jumping up on my leg.

The view at that beach was great but I have never seen so much litter in my life! It was so sad to see both, sand filled with bottles, cans, bags, plastic ware, old shoes and what I can old imagine was a homeless dog. A little different than a mile down where you had a resort that charges $600 a night. We fed the dog some rice from our cooler and headed down to explore another beach.
While we were leaving we could see that the dog had followed us and he actually sat at the end of the ally and watched us leave with a look on his face like come back!


We had a great time at the beach down the road. NO ONE ELSE was there! We had 3 hours tanning, eating and the Ocean to ourselves minus one man that jogged by. For as long as were were outside I think it's needless to say we got a little burnt!

Before we left I asked Tommy to get the cooler (in the shade) and well...



Yes, I did say in the video that we already had enough mango, I know now that it's a coconut! When we left Tommy suggested that we drive to Rainforest Visitors Center and get some info so that when come back we know how long we will want to stay, etc. Come to find out that Yosemite National Park Charges $8 ea to see their Visitors Center and Cafe! For Real? We thought, we'll just drive up a little ways and figure out the info on our own. Well, the fourth stop and 45 minutes later we were half way done and decided to finish out the rest of the Viewing Spots along the way. It was beautiful, all the stops were! Just wish we weren't in flip flops!

~One of the views from a Lookout~

~My favorite Stop~

Up in the first Lookout Tower we met a couple and her parents while offering to take a picture. They are from NC. We told them we were from Ohio and the young man said, "I just retired from Ohio last year.". Turns out he was Jake Robbins How funny is that? He signed a baseball card for me and dad when he was playing for Akron!

We headed back to town and there was a little place to get a fun picture; on the side of the road! We simply had to!

We got back to the condo in time to shower and get re-ready to meet Jen and Jeff for dinner. Jen went to High School with Tommy in Southfeild. We picked them up at their hotel in San Juan and headed down to Old San Juan looking for a bite to eat. We looked at a couple of restaurants and ended up at Baru, where we ate the night before! Yum! The four of us sat out on the patio and shared two appetizers and two entrees. The chips made of plantains were my favorite!

~My New Top~




~Tommy, Me, Jen and Jeff~

That night we went back to the condo and loaded on Mary Kay's After Sun Replenishing Gel and Mary Kay's Hydrating Lotion. We got so burnt when we laid out from 11am-2pm that day!!! I COULD NOT GET OVER the front of Tommy's legs. OMG! Bad! He forgot to SPF50 his legs! Thankfully I was able to sleep without tossing and turning too much, trying to get comfortable. Poor Tommy did not sleep well at all and in the morning I couldn't believe my eyes! His legs were even more red! Lets just say we went through two bottles of After Sun and Two of lotion the next few days! But... we never peeled much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment