Tuesday, May 24, 2011

~Puerto Rico - Off to Atlanta/Home~

On the morning that we left Puerto Rico Tommy was sweet enough to take me to a local beach so that I could get my P.R. Sand. I brought a bottle with me but kept forgetting to fill it up everyday both weeks we were there! Lol! Here's a pic from the beach where my sand came from. It was a gorgeous beach. I wish we didn't have to go home!

~Off to the Airport~

Getting to the gate in time was NOT FUN! I knew that we were going to make it but that's only because if I left myself think that we might miss our flight... we WOULD miss it.
  1. Late getting our keys back! Yikes!

  2. Tommy dropped me off at the Delta gate to drop off rental car!

  3. Was not told that drop off for Enterprise was outside of the airport!

  4. Drove around looking for it, time is running out!

  5. Called Enterprise to find out where it was, phone kept ringing, no one ever picked up!

  6. Went to Hertz and they told him, got dropped off with me and while he was gone...

  7. I was having an asthma/panic attack due to the fact that I couldn't leave our 7 large bags by themselves and I was surround my smokers. I walked as far away from them as I could without getting in trouble and tried to breathe in little bits of car exhaust at a time, that's as fresh of air as I could get. While wheezing, I still refused to my inhaler because I had not eaten since 6:30am. Tommy finally got back and told me I had to; enter constant shaking! That looks good when you're trying to get through security! LOL!

  8. Get to the drop off for our check-ons and of course two of the three at overweight (8 and 13lbs over). I can understand that with two of the bags but they tried telling us that our rolling case was 8lbs over. It had the same items in it on the way there!!! Where they heck are we supposed to disperse it anyway. We kept telling the Delta guy that it was incorrect. He said, it's ok... $90 please. "NO!". So when we opened it and showed him what was in there he said, “Fine! I'll let it slide!”. Mean while I am taking 13lbs and putting dispersing it amongst four carry on bags.

  9. We waited to make sure that two bags with photo equipment in them make it through security. Then the same Delta guy told us to go to security at gate C instead of B because the line would be shorter. This was true but still, at gate C, it was way too long!

  10. I asked an attendant what she thought, she said asked TSA and show them your ticket, TSA said no, you'll just have to miss your flight. I wanted to kill him. I left Tommy in line and ran back to Delta and asked them for help. They stood there and talked for at least 3 minutes while I got to the point of begging, at this point our flight leaves in 9 minutes.

  11. Finally Tommy came up to the counter (with all of our carry ons) and made it happen. Again the SAME Delta Guy ran us over to ditched the ticket check. He walked us pass two ropes and when we got up to the lady checking tickets she looked us up and down and said you need to go around to the other side, he yelled at her in Spanish and she said, "No" to say the least.

  12. We went back out the two left ropes, around the line, up the right side and then she still checked six people before us until he took our tickets and licenses for us and said, “Now!”. You go Delta Boy!

  13. Security was not to bad but once we got passed that we ran! Guess what we made it with 2 minutes to spare. On a full plane there was only one to board after us. One being the lady next us, ironic. She said, "I heard you were in the same boat I was so after the Delta Man let you through I showed him my ticket and he saw I was on the same flight and let me in. I ran too!".

  14. When we sat down Tommy asked the flight attendant for water NOW! We were sweating like crazy! But we...

  15. Made it to GA!

Tommy was so sweet to enough to tell me before we left that we had three hours in Atlanta to visit with my cousins Andrew and (his wife) Susan! I was so excited that we were able to see them. When we landed we called them and they picked us up and we were off to dinner. We went to an Italian place called Johnny Carino's. They said that the first time they went was when my dad came to visit them. I had good ol' spaghetti and meatballs and it was good!

~Andrew, Susan, Tommy and Me~

During dinner Susan announced that they are pregnant! We hugged, laughed, smiled, congratulated and practically cried! We are so excited for them. They have been married four three years longer than we have. It will be so much fun for our kids to be close in age. :)

Tommy and I were sad to leave Andrew and Susan. They dropped us off and when we got into the airport we found out that our flight was an hour and 45 mins delayed. Really? Ahhhh! We could have spent more time together! :(

We were happy to get home. We decided to sleep in the next day! It was very much well worth it! We just couldn't believe we were home from Puerto Rico and it's back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment