Thursday, July 23, 2009

~Work Hard, Play Harder~

Monday:
My dad plays baseball on Monday and Wednesday nights for a ‘Over 60 League’! Last year we were able to attend more games. This year dad said, “My last game, in the official season, is tonight!” The season went fast. Tommy and I went to the second game of the double header and cheered as loud as we could and it worked… they won! Later in the game my mom met up with us. She works downtown and just met us up after her long day at work. We three set up folding chairs ate snacks and made sure that everyone on the team knew who we were with! Daddy did really well, he did us proud!




Tuesday:
Today was quite a day. I ended up taking the day off. It all started with Tommy reading online that Starbucks was providing everyone with a FREE coffee and Tim Hortin’s was providing everyone with a FREE blueberry muffin. When Tommy went out to get our breakfast, Starbucks let him order a Hot Chocolate for me and Tim’s was out of blueberry muffin’s and gave him three donuts for FREE to make up for it!

After breakfast and many phone calls coming in, my dad stopped by to pick me up. He had asked me on a Father/Daughter date to walk the Parade of Homes. What an amazing way to spend a day. We did not get home until 5:45! There were 11 houses on display and 4 that I fell in love with either; the floor plan, décor, color sceme or back yard. If someone could take those 4 houses and put them together… SOLD! Although that would cost close to a million dollars… but still. I got lots of pictures of items and layouts that inspired me. I am sure that we will use some of the ideas in out future home.


This is for Brooke & Audrey:
Girls, guess who was at the Parade of Homes? Dora! I met her and told her all about the two of you. She told me to tell you that she said, "Hi and she is so glad that you watch her on t.v.!" She can not wait to meet you both someday. Xoxo, Meredith

I just had to take a picture of this sign. Every one of the 11 houses had the same sign, "No Food&Drink" this particular house...

Many radio stations had booths set up at the show. Sunny 95 was one of the stations there. Dino was the man that “hosted” the Breakfast at Tiffany’s event at Brookside Country Club last week. So, of course I went over and said, “Hi” to him. Also, 107.9 offered each of us to “Spin the Wheel!” I WON tickets to see the premier of The Ugly Truth we Gerald Butler and Katherine Heigl. So after I got dropped off by daddy, Tommy and I ate a quick dinner and ran off to Easton. When we got there we had to go through an insane amount of security. Wow! We got there just in time for the movie start so we didn’t have to wait in the long line with everyone that was there 2 hours early. I laughed almost and hour and a half straight. I loved it… so Ugly, but so True!


After the movie we went out to Brio for their $2.95 menu and Hook was playing outside in the fountain area. Alisha and Brian originally invited us to join them for the movie but we were planning on working late on Tuesday because we had date night Monday night. Of course with free tickets we went out, then we met up with them and hung out for a little. We did not finish Hook because we felt we should get a little bit more work done a home, but it was a great break of a Tuesday evening.


Wednesday:
Sharon and I made plans last week to play tennis on Wednesday evening after work. She called when we got out of the premiere of The Ugly Truth and said she just got out of the premiere of Julie and Julia. I can not wait to see that movie. Sharon said it was great. Any movie about cooking is alright with me! Anyway, she won tickets at the last premiere for the premiere of 500 Days of Summer. So needless to say that’s were we ended up! I loved the movie. I laughed a lot but I also felt bad for Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tom. I like Geoffrey Arend from Super Troopers, it took me a while to make his character McKenzie to be believable. Once I did, “Oh my Gosh!” I can’t wait to see it again.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your photo of the " no food, drinks or spiked heels" and all I read was "no spiked drinks" hahah kidding.
    sounds like you had an eventful week and had a great time. LOTS of movies. Jealous about the parade of homes, looked amazing from your photos. Toodleloo, Jillio

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thank god i wore flip flops that day!

    ReplyDelete